You’ll find more details on Nov 4 at Just Jane 1813 and all the other blogs kindly co-hosting the cover reveal (Babblings of a Bookworm, Diary of an Eccentric, From Pemberley to Milton, More Agreeably Engaged, My Jane Austen Book Club, My Kids Led Me to Pride & Prejudice and Obsessed with Mr Darcy).
HUGE thanks for the wonderful welcome, Claudine, Ceri, Anna, Rita, Janet, Maria Grazia, Tamara & Mira!
For now, let me say it’s an international giveaway of
* a paperback copy of Mr Bennet’s Dutiful Daughter and
* 2 Kindle copies (each Kindle copy comes with a winner’s choice of
2 Pride & Prejudice- and Austen-related goodies).
Until the 4th of November, how about a GUESSING GAME ?
It works like this: today and for the next couple of days I’ll post a few questions and possible answers about what on earth might be going on with Mr Bennet’s Dutiful Daughter and her love life. Come and have a go!
Every good guess counts as an entry in the Cover Reveal and Book Launch Giveaway, and the winners will be announced at Just Jane 1813 on November 16.
Would you like to take part? Then please read on:
DAY 1 – WHO SAID THAT?
Have a look at a few quotes and have a guess, then please leave your answers in the comments box – it’s as simple as that!
1. “You must not speak again of any of this. Gratitude – sacrifice – dislike. What gentleman wants to hear that his future wife sees the union as a sacrifice? Particularly one of Mr Darcy’s standing.”
a.Miss Mary Bennet
b.Miss Elizabeth Bennet
2. “‘Tis a fair old while since I last shared a bed with you. Now, while we are on the subject, pray do not imagine I will put up with snuggling, whatever dreams you might be dreaming in this ever so feminine bedchamber. I give you fair warning, I will defend myself if you do not keep your distance.”
3. “Forgive my intrusion, but I had to follow once I overheard. If it gives you any comfort, I know how you must feel. Believe me, of all people in this house I know precisely what anguish this must be. But I beg you would not reproach yourself. You had no choice. And everything you did was with good intentions.”
Happy guessing and good luck in the Giveaway!